Prepping for Spring!
- Soil test done? – check – if not, there’s still time
- Planned out your garden areas? I always overplan and want to put more in than I’m ready for.
- Amended and prepped the garden for the areas you are going to plant (veggie or flowers)
- Seedlings started? If not, there’s still time for that also – Dixie cups, peat pots, soil blocks, ‘newspaper cups’ and lots more are all great ideas for starting seedlings. Just give them good light, warmth and water.
- Watch your seedlings grow and watch the weather for coldsnaps if you’ve set anything outside.
- OOOOO – I can’t wait for spring!
All this time, we’ve kept them warm and moist and they have had plenty of light from the fluorescent lights on the light cart. Then a few weeks ago I started taking the largest ones and planting them into small pots so that they could spread their roots out and really get going.
I took a look at them yesterday and ‘Holy Seedlings, Batman’. Look at how well they’re doing. I’m so excited I can’t wait for the weather to warm up enough to plant them out. Last night was in the 30’s and while the days and nights are still fluctuating, I will keep them safe and warm in the greenroom.
Oh? You ask where we are going to be planting these lovely tomatoes..and other great veggies/plants? I’ll show you. the garden is 3 tiered beds about 7’x40′ so in all it’s about 21′ x 40′. Plenty of room for wonderful veggies this summer…. I can’t wait!
Stay Green.. Hugs – Ellen