“Make A Chest” Contest – September 2009
My chest kits are quite popular. Many of you already have made some of my chest/box kits (1″ x .5″ x .3″ or the smaller .5″ x .5″ x .3″ and the new size .5″ x .5″ x .5″) in the past and you may have a few on hand. If so, you get to start a bit ahead of the game. No purchase necessary: If you don’t have any of my kits hidden away in your UFO (UnFinished Object drawer), you are welcome to purchase kits from my MiniStore or from me directly. If you send me a stamped-self-addressed return envelope (preferably a padded envelope), I’ll be happy to send you a free kit to start on.
I have included a couple of pictures made by a talented artisan named Terre. These are not entries in the contest, but yes, Terre can enter with new chests if she wishes. I had a contest in the Spring’09 and I’m sure there will be more to come. The winners (there were 5) from the Spring’09 contest can be seen here.
- The contest runs between now and 11:59pm, Sunday, September 20, 2009.
- You need to make up one of my blank chest kits. You can use either the 1″ blank chest kit (interlocked or not, 1″ or one of the .5″ half chest kits”).
- You may use any of my blank chest kits you happen to have on hand. If you only have one of the ‘carved’ kits on hand and would like to use it, you may.
- Any media is acceptable, you are free to use your imagination. Stain, paint, decals, glitter, sprinkles, clay, findings, etc. Bashing is also acceptable.
- Chests may be lined or filled (mini examples: gloves, jewelry, cigars, treasure, magic items, etc.) or not, your choice.
- Chest kits are available either from my Miniature Shop at $3.00 for a single blank chest or 10 blank kits for $10 (bulk pricing).
- FREE KITS AVAILABLE – If you would like to receive a free chest kit (1″ interlocked kit), you may send me an envelope included a stamped-self-addressed return envelope (preferably a padded envelope) to Ellen Crane Miniature Shop, 48 Bay Loop, Dardanelle, AR 72834.
- Entries will be in the form of a photo of a chest kit personally made by you.
- Photos should be emailed to me at email@example.com with February Chest Contest in the subject line, no later than 11:59pm, March 22, 2009. Include your name, email address and any title or description you would like to include about your chest.
- Entry photos will be placed on the website and voted on by my readers.
- 1st Prize – $25 gift certificate to Ellen Crane Creations
- 2nd Prize – a 2″ “Secret’s” Celtic Box
- There may be other prizes available if I get excited.
- Prize Winner to be announced on Tuesday, September 22, 2009
- Any questions or comments can be referred to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck to everyone!! – Hugs, Ellen